Friday, October 17, 2008

47-year-old Carol Alt to bare all in Playboy

47-year-old Carol Alt to bare all in Playboy

'It doesn't matter what age you are,' says the legendary supermodel

47-year-old Carol Alt will bare it all for the first time in a Playboy cover story.

Legendary supermodel Carol Alt will bare it all for the first time in a Playboy cover story, Access Hollywood has confirmed.
The 47-year-old brunette beauty, who battled it out in the boardroom on season one of Donald Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice" earlier this year, will pose nude for the magazine's December issue, a rep for the magazine told Access.
Alt, who credits adhering to a raw foods lifestyle for her physique, said she chose to do the shoot to spotlight the healthy eating program she has been a patron of for over a dozen years.
"I've done a lot of soul-searching about this and have spoken extensively with Playboy about it. They have been amazing to work with and are embracing this message that I want to get across, which is eat healthy, look healthy and be healthy," Alt said in an article for her Web site. "It doesn't matter what age you are. You can look sexy and feel great, and that doesn't have to be a gift only for the young. It can be a gift for any age, even the old (whatever that is nowadays)."
Alt rose to fame in the 1980s as a fashion model and later a Sports Illustrated cover star, but her Playboy appearance will be her first ever nude pictorial. And though she has been admired for her top shape for almost three decades, Alt said, those early men's magazine shoots were difficult.
"I've never been comfortable with my body," Alt said on her Web site. "When I had to pose for Sports Illustrated in a bathing suit at the age of 20, it was some of the most difficult work I ever did. I was always a heavy kid; my sister is a plus-size model; and it's not like I come from a long line of stick figures! I continuously battled with my weight! I always felt uncomfortable with my body — was very shy and really, rather conservative."
Alt, who has written several books on eating raw, said her food regime helped her achieve a body she was ready to show off.

No comments: