Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Loose Women's Andrea McLean poses nude and says "I feel sexier than ever at 42" The 42-year-old has opened up to Closer magazine and posed for a set of stunning nude photographs where she reveals a decidedly steamy side

Loose Women's Andrea McLean poses nude and says "I feel sexier than ever at 42"
Loose Women's Andrea McLean poses nude and says 'I feel sexier than ever at 42'Closer magazine
Reaching her forties has meant a surge of body confidence for Loose Women presenter Andrea McLean.

The 42-year-old has opened up to Closer magazine and posed for a set of stunning nude photographs where she reveals a decidedly steamy side.

She said: "I feel a lot more body confident now than I did in my 30s. I think there's something about hitting your 40s where you think: 'The pressure's off – I'm never going to look like Cindy Crawford, but I'm very happy to look like me.'"

Andrea added: "When posing like this was suggested, my instinct was to shy away. But I won't have many more opportunities to do these kind of photos at my age, so I decided to go for it!"

"I know life really is too short not to throw caution to the wind, so I'm going to enjoy it. One day it'll be lovely to look back and say: 'You were quite sexy once, Andrea!'"

Loose Women's Andrea McLean poses nude and says 'I feel sexier than ever at 42'Closer magazine
The presenter, who's married to builder Steve Toms, revealed how a brush with death in the summer has made her feel more positive about life. She lapsed into unconsciousness in hospital after she suffered an allergic reaction to antibiotics following surgery to repair an umbilical hernia.

She said: "I couldn't breathe at all – it was like my air was slowly being cut off. It was absolutely terrifying, but the worst thing was seeing the panic on Steve's face."

"I fell unconscious and yes, Steve believed he'd lost me. But, in the grand scheme of things, it was half an hour of absolute awfulness and, thankfully, they were able to control the reaction with adrenalin and oxygen."

Andrea had the hernia diagnosed after she gave birth to her daughter Amy in 2006 [she also has a 10-year-old son] and explained: "since then, my tummy had stuck out like a doughnut. It made me feel very self-conscious – I can't tell you how often I was asked if I was pregnant."

After having the operation she said she felt more body confident:""The best thing is that I'm not in pain any more, but also I now have a flat stomach again, like it was before I had the kids."

"I'm no longer ashamed to take off my clothes in front of Steve. Of course he never minded – he loves me regardless – but having a bit of self-confidence does wonders..."

Andrea recently lost a stone doing the Cabbage Soup diet, going from a size 14 to a size 10, and has kept her slim figure by not eating meals after 8pm and only drinking alcoholic drinks on the weekends.

No comments: